Training and Education
- City of Houston Mayors Office of Business Opportunities (OBO). Hire Houston First is an initiative to promote economic opportunity for local Houston businesses. The One Stop Business Center designates eligible city and local businesses to receive preference on city contracts.
- OBO Sponsors or co-sponsors several events that allows small businesses to connect with key individuals and potential contracting opportunities. These networking events include: Meet the Buyer, Runway to Business Opportunities, MED Week, Government Procurement Connections (GPC) and the EXPO Business Opportunities Marketplace.
- OBO Collaborates with community partners to provide certified firms with services such as: business development resources, mentor protégée programs and specialized vendor services.
- SCORE Houston.
An all-volunteer group with real-world business
experience, dedicated to your success. SCORE, "Counselors to
America's Small Business", is a network of 13,000 volunteers who
offer small business entrepreneurs confidential business counseling services at
no charge. SCORE is a Resource Partner of the U.S. Small Business
- Small Business Administration U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses through its four programmatic functions. These programming functions include: Access to capital, entrepreneurial development, government contracting and advocacy.
- Small Business Development Center The University of Houston Small Business Development Center(SBDC) provides free business consulting and affordable training seminars to small and medium-sized business owners and managers. The UH SBDC is a business consulting and training center of the SBDC Network, which serves 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers.